Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Introduction

My name is Jim Lozada and I am enrolled for at Montclair University's MBA program.I graduated from Kean University with a bachelors degree in Finance and a minor in Economics. With the ambition to have my degree in finance, I pursued employment options in banking. I currently work for Merrill Lynch in the Global Wealth and Investment Management.  I believe that establishing a strong foundation and  learning more about the finance and banking industry, will enable a strong desire to achieve advancement within the company. As many recent graduates, the desire and ambition to land a dream job is their first thing on their mind. I still have it on my mind and that is why I believe that this MBA will allow me to get where I need to be to complete that goal.

The purpose of being enrolled currently in Strategic Information Systems, is to learn how strategic roles that information technology and information systems will help in managing operations in business.  As I stated before, working for Merrill Lynch has opened my eyes to the use of information systems and IT because of the current position I hold there. I would regularly update market values for assets using three different operating systems. These systems are OMNI, AP, and TAP. Since Merrill Lynch is under Bank of America, and US Trust is also, the three systems have not yet been migrated to one. Therefore, I need to enter the value three times so everyone in the company is on the same page. Wouldn't it be nice if I just would have to do my job once?

With the future ahead, I plan to use the MBA degree for the benefit of being able to advancement in position to a manager or executive role. I plan to use all my knowledge learned from the courses and put it to work to show effectiveness in the workplace and outside the workplace as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment