Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Zara Reflection



Zara Team,

I apologize for not being able to make the flight and join the meeting with Fast Solution Consultant. As I saw the presentation via Skype, I want to applaud their research and analysis as they did an amazing job in finding a perfect solution to our current problem. I have allowed time to think about the essential recommendation that the consulting team has prepared which I also have agreed on. After hours of thinking, I have changed my mind and gone against the consulting team’s decision. I strongly believe that if the current system has been working perfectly, why should we upgrade all at once? This will cause major delays in every terminal of the company. Sanchez and his opinions on not changing the system are very true. Money shouldn't be spent all at once for training, hardware, networks, and personnel for a boutique store that sells higher end custom merchandise for our clients.
The questions are still in the air about the spending the money for an upgrade where our financial statements clearly shows profit gaining year after year. I can understand the teams innovation thinking process and our vendor’s lack of support to keep us connected with our outdated machines, but I am agreeing to changing certain systems and software piece by piece. This means that we should allow some changed take slowly . I understand that we are missing the E-Commerce business and we as a boutique business, we can hold off from that now with no desperate need of it. The team allowed us to view the high costs that this upgrade will entail and for the situation that we are in, I believe we are okay.  But as of right now, we shouldn’t allow these costs and risk of facing delays because of training, integration, upgrades, etc… come and cross our paths.
I propose that the team should allow another alternative into the slow integration to certain machine upgrades and slowly advance to e-commerce. Again, I am all for more revenue to help Zara, but with the right resources and lower costs.

Thank you,
Jim Lozada
Zara Analayst

No comments:

Post a Comment